18 Aug Water Wise
As you know, South Africa is a water scare country so we need to be mindful of how we use it. We’ve recently seen our beautiful city of Cape Town experience one of the worst droughts they’ve had in over 100 years. As we start approaching the warmer months of Spring and Summer, I wanted to remind us to be water-conscious.
Here are a few quick tips on how to be water wise:
- Hand sanitiser: use waterless hand sanitiser to wash your hands instead of soap and water. They smell great and do the same job.
- Paper plates: Use disposable paper plates, cups and cutlery! You won’t need to use water washing dishes and the added bonus is that you don’t have to wash dishes!
- Mouthwash: instead of rinsing your mouth with water after brushing your teeth, try rinsing with some mouthwash instead. This will keep your mouth clean, your breath fresh and it will save water.
- Wet wipes: Use wet wipes to wipe down kitchen counters instead of soap and water.
- Use dry shampoo to extend your hair washes, so you don’t have to wash your hair as often