27 Aug Review: Guilt & Co
I recently visited the most magnificent little pink cafe in Cedar Square Fourways called Guilt&Co. You cannot miss this restaurant, the walls are pink and decorated with little birds on them. The rest of the restaurant is decorated with greenery, animal skins, and wicker chairs. It’s the perfect ‘girly’ cafe and has a ‘holiday resort’ feel to it for me.
This little cafe is the perfect spot for breakfast and mimosas with the girls, brunch with bae or coffee and cake with your mamma. I’ve tried their chicken mayo toasties (R42) which are packed full of flavour and go down a treat with a pineapple ginger juice (R45). On another occasion, I treated myself to the fillet rostie which is a grilled beef fillet, served on a sweet potato rostie, topped with chevin goats cheese and sweet chili sauce. The meal was a generous portion size, the fillet was so tender and absolutely delicious (R139). I’ve also tried the prawns and rice which were served with a creamy peri-peri sauce – the team will also bring you fresh chilies to spice it up of it’s not hot enough for you (R122). Lastly, the lemon meringue pie is one of the best I’ve had in JHB! This cafe really is a love affair with food.
What else can you expect from their menu?
For breakfast, Guilt&Co offers all the usuals, including:
- Healthy breakfast bowls – fresh summer fruits, Greek yoghurt, granola & honey
- Strawberry flapjacks – flapjack pancakes served with crispy bacon, strawberries, mascarpone cheese & drizzled with maple syrup
- Salmon royale – toasted bagel, topped with smoked salmon trout, a poached egg, roasted asparagus & drizzled with homemade Hollandaise
- They also have a selection of freshly squeezed fruit juices, hot drinks, cold drinks, and mimosas. Served with real champers!
Lunch can see you ordering the likes of:
- Salomon fishcakes – two salmon trout fishcakes, served with a green salad & a rocket pesto & lemon mayo
- Crunchy chicken burgers – Crispy crumbed chicken breast, lettuce, tomato, red onions, Emmenthal cheese & Guilty mayo
- Beef fillet salad – grilled fillet, greens, cherry tomato, red onions, caramelised strawberries, avocado & parmesan shavings
- For dessert, try one of their Belgiun waffles and why not wash it all down with a bellini?
Dinner could look something like this:
- Mussels – served in a creamy white wine sauce
- Crispy lamb – two crispy lamb chops marinated in garlic, rosemary & lemon, served with hummus
- Salmon salad – grilled Norwegian salmon, greens, cherry tomatoes, avocado*, roasted asparagus & Guilty cream cheese
- Dijon mustard fillet – 300g butterflied beef fille, smothered in a creamy Dijon mustard & Jalapeño sauce served with chips
- Dessert looks like pavlova, chocolate brownies and affogato, belgiun waffles and cocktails or wine of course
Have you tried this little pink gem?
For more info follow them on