20 Sep Sangria da Fonseca by J’Something and Nespresso
Nespresso has launched a Master Origin range of pods and here’s a recipe created by J’Something, inspired by Nespresso.
This Nespresso Master Origin Colombia coffee is by far my favourite from the range. It’s so well-balanced and offers a full mouth experience for me. With that said, I really wanted to take that beautiful berry note that I was picking up in the coffee and transform it into one of my favourite summer drinks, a sangria. Get ready to have an incredible festive experience as you make this in big jugs around a table and enjoy the sunshine. It’s refreshing and extremely unique, so it’s bound to be a crowd pleaser – J’Something.
What you Need:
- 2 capsules Nespresso Master Origin Colombia, brewed as lungos
- 3-4 ice cubes
- 200 ml water
- 1⁄4 cup mixed berry juice
- 1⁄4 cup strawberries chopped
- 1⁄4 cup blueberries
- 1⁄4 cup raspberries
- 50 ml water
- 50 ml sugar
- Drop or two of Aroma Strawberry
What to Do:
1. Brew coffee and add to a shaker with 3 ice cubes, add mixed berry juice and berries and shake.
2. Top up with 200ml of cold water.
3. Put sugar and water into a pot and bring to a boil, add 1-2 drops of Aroma Strawberry and reduce heat. Simmer until reduced and thickened, then remove from heat and allow to cool.
4. Add 10-15 ml of strawberry sugar syrup to the berry juice and coffee and stir.
5. Serve berry and coffee mixture in a glass over some more ice, with or without fruit.