16 Sep SAMFA Roasted Portabellos Stuffed with Marinated Mushroom Salad
For the marinated mushroom salad:
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Juice & zest of 1 lemon
- 150g baby portabellini mushrooms, sliced in half
- 2 baby fennel, thinly sliced
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup celery leaves, roughly chopped
- ½ cup walnuts, lightly toasted & roughly chopped
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 large portabello mushrooms
- Pinch chilli flakes
- Pinch dried oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- For the marinated mushroom salad:
- Combine olive oil, lemon juice and zest in a bowl. Whisk together.
- Add all the vegetables to the bowl and stir to coat. Season well.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 200˚C.
- Season portabellos lightly with salt, pepper, chilli flakes & oregano.
- Roast on a rack on top of a baking tray for ± 7 minutes until tender.
- Fill warm portabellos with a pile of the marinated mushroom mixture.
- Serve straight away.