14 May SAMFA Mushroom and Goat’s Cheese Frittata Cups
Makes 12 frittata cups
- 12 XL free-range eggs
- 100g softs goat’s cheese/chevin
- 250g portabellini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 100g kale, roughly chopped
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Lightly spray a 12 cup capacity cupcake tin with non-stick olive oil spray.
- In a large frying pan heat a drizzle of olive oil.
- Fry the onion until soft.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until golden brown.
- Add the kale and cook until slightly wilted.
- Season everything well.
- Remove from the pan and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs and season well with salt and pepper.
- Divide the mushroom mixture between the cupcake cups.
- Evenly distribute little nuggets of the goat’s cheese.
- Pour in the whisked eggs.
- Place cupcake tin on a baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes, until set.
- Let cool slightly, and serve or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for a quick snack or easy lunchbox meal.
This recipe was sponsored by SAMFA