12 Oct SAMFA Beer Battered Mushrooms
- 500g mixed mushrooms, sliced and whole (portobello, portabellini & white button)
- 200g tempura flour
- 300ml very cold light beer (fruity light Weiss)
- 1L neutral cooking oil, for frying
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- For serving:
- Dijon mustard
- Fresh lemon wedges
- In a large pot heat cooking oil to 180˚C.
- In a mixing bowl combine the tempura flour and cold beer, add a pinch of salt and whisk until smooth.
- Dip each mushroom and allow the excess batter to drip off before being placed gently into the hot oil. Fry for 3-4 min or until golden brown on all sides. Remove the mushrooms from the oil and allow to drain on a paper towel. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot with lemon wedges, aioli, and mustard on the side.