31 Aug Recipe: Sweet potatoes stuffed with pesto mushrooms
- 4 roasted orange sweet potatoes
- 15ml + 15ml olive oil
- 250g button mushrooms, sliced
- 60ml pesto
- 100g kale, chopped
- 60g soft feta, cubed
- 45g walnuts, toasted
- salt and milled black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. Place the sweet potatoes onto a baking sheet, drizzle with 15ml olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 45-60 minutes, or until tender.
- Heat the remaining 15ml oil in a frying pan. Fry the mushrooms for 3 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and cook for 2 minutes.
- Spoon the mixture between the sweet potatoes and serve with lemon wedges.
This recipe was supplied by the South African Mushroom Association – Thank you