01 Mar Recipe: Spicy pork salad
Preparation time: 35 minutes
- 250g lean pork mince
- 250g button mushrooms, chopped and pan-fried
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 chili, finely chopped
- 5ml ground ginger
- 5ml lemon zest
- 2ml ground cumin
- 20ml sweet chili sauce
- 125ml dried bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 handfuls of mixed salad leaves
- ½ avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 chili, sliced
- ½ punnet mushrooms, sliced and pan-fried
- 15ml sesame seeds
- In a bowl mix the lean pork mince, add the mushrooms, spring onions, and chilli. Mix together and then add the ginger, zest, cumin, sweet chilli sauce, bread crumbs and egg. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Roll into balls and place onto baking sheet, brush with oil and bake at 180 degrees for 15-17 minutes.
- Toss the rest of the ingredients together with the balls.
For a variation make a stir-fry with peppers, courgettes, carrots, and cabbage to serve the pork balls with
This recipe was sponsored by SAMFA