02 Jun recipe: Mushroom Loaded Parathas
Makes 4 parathas
- 8 parathas (homemade or store-bought)
- 250g portabellini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 cup peas, fresh or frozen
- ½ cup fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- ½ cup spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 fresh chili, seeds removed and diced
- 200g mozzarella cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Ghee or olive oil, for cooking
- Heat a spoonful of olive oil in a frying pan. Cook mushrooms with curry powder and season. Once they are golden brown set aside.
- Blanch peas in boiling water. Drain and place in a large bowl.
- Mash peas roughly using a fork. Add the coriander, spring onion, fresh chili, and mozzarella.
- Mix and season.
- Stir through the curried mushrooms.
- Cook parathas according to package instructions. Once lightly golden brown on both sides, place on a board. Spoon the mushrooms filling evenly onto 4 of the parathas.
- Sandwich them closed with the other 4.
- Return each stuffed paratha to the frying pan on medium-low heat. Cook on both sides until golden brown and the cheese has melted.
- Slice and serve!
This recipe was kindly sponsored by the South African Mushroom Association