10 Aug Recipe: Deconstructed mushroom, pork and avocado wrap
Preparation time: 20 minutes
- 4 seeded low GI wraps, cut into quarters
- 10ml olive oil
- 200g pork loin, sliced
- 250g portabella mushrooms sliced
- 10ml light soy sauce
- 10ml honey
- 10ml sesame seeds
- 1 avocado
- 2 handfuls rocket
- 50g low-fat smooth cream cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan. Add the pork and fry on both sides until golden. Remove the pork from the pan and add the mushrooms, fry the mushrooms until golden on both sides.
- Add the pork back to the pan and add the soy sauce, honey, and sesame seeds. Heat until the mixture bubbles.
- To serve place the quartered wraps, pork and mushroom mixture, avocado in bite-sized pieces, rocket and cream cheese onto a large serving platter and family can help themselves to the wraps.
Cooks tip: Make the wrap the traditional way by, placing all the ingredients onto the wrap and then wrapping it up.
This recipe was supplied by the South African Mushroom Association