12 Jul Recipe: Curried Mushroom & Kale Quinoa Bowls
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 red onion, sliced into petals
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp hot curry powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 200g kale, roughly chopped
- 1 x 400g tin coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp smooth peanut butter, no sugar added
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 400g white button mushrooms, sliced
- Juice of 1 large lime
- 2 cups cooked quinoa, for serving
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Fresh coriander, for serving
- Heat oil in a large buffet casserole over medium-high heat.
- Add red pepper and onion. Cook briefly until the onion has just softened.
- Add garlic, ginger, curry powder, garam masala, turmeric, salt and pepper. Cook until fragrant.
- Add the kale and cook until just wilted.
- Pour in the coconut milk and add the peanut butter.
- Stir and bring to a simmer.
- Add the chickpeas and mushrooms. Stir well.
- Simmer for a few minutes until the sauce thickens slightly and the mushrooms are cooked but retain some texture and bite.
- Remove from the heat and squeeze over fresh lime juice.
- Serve in bowls over freshly cooked quinoa with extra lime wedges and plenty of fresh coriander.
This recipe was sponsored by the SAMFA