22 Aug Recipe: BEEF STROGANOFF
Beef stroganoff is a lovely winter family meal. This recipe is easy to follow and uses simple, easy to source ingredients.
Prep time: 15 min Cooking time: 15 min
- 600 g beef fillet, chopped into strips or cubes
- 2 SUNFOIL SUNFLOWER OIL
- 1 onion, chopped
- 300 g mushrooms, chopped
- 40 g SUNSHINE D ORIGINAL MARGARINE
- 2 cups (500 ml) beef broth or stock
- 1 tsp mustard
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) sour cream
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 Tbs flour
· Heat the SUNFOIL SUNFLOWER OIL in a saucepan and cook the beef over high heat. Remove the beef and allow it to cool. Reduce to medium heat and melt the SUNSHINE D ORIGINAL MARGARINE. Cook the onions for 1 minute and then add the mushrooms. Cook until golden brown. Add the flour and cook for 1 minute. Return the beef to the saucepan. Stir in the beef broth, sour cream, and mustard. Add the salt and pepper.
· Serve with pasta or mashed potatoes.
We have recommended beef fillet but you can also use rib eye, sirloin or tenderloin – it’s your choice. Best served with pasta or creamy mashed potatoes,
You can also freeze any leftovers and serve again, so it’s a meal that keeps on giving.