24 Apr Mushroom Popcorn
- 300g baby button mushrooms
- ½ cup Panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup biltong dust
- 1 cup plain popcorn
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- ½ lemon, zested
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Olive oil for frying
- Blitz the popcorn in a food processor until you’ve made chunky crumbs.
- Mix the panko, popcorn crumbs, biltong dust, chili flakes, sesame seeds, and lemon zest in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a non-stick frying pan add a drizzle of olive oil and sauté the mushrooms until they release their water and begin to brown. Add the soy sauce and hoisin and roll them around to glaze each one. Allow the sauce to reduce and become sticky.
- Toss the glazed mushrooms in the popcorn mix making sure each one is well coated.
- Serve as a snack in jars or cones at a party or while watching your favourite tv show.
This recipe was sponsored by SAMFA