01 May Mushroom, halloumi & yellow pepper skewers with mint salsa verde
Turn everyday veggie skewers into a feast with salty halloumi and a zesty green herb sauce.
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 1 punnet (20 g) fresh mint leaves (save a few leaves for garnish)
- 1 punnet (20 g) fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- grated rind & juice of a lemon
- salt & pepper
- 250 g portabellini mushrooms, whole or halved
- about 250 g halloumi cheese, cubed
- 2 medium yellow peppers, sliced into squares
- For the salsa verde: put the olive oil, mint, parsley, garlic, lemon rind & juice, and some salt & pepper into a small blender. Blend to a smooth pulp. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- For the skewers: assemble the skewers by arranging chunks of mushrooms, halloumi & yellow pepper together. Braai over hot coals or bake in a very hot oven at 220 C for about 10 minutes until golden. Drizzle with salsa verde en serve at once.
This recipe was sponsored by SAMFA