11 Oct Mushroom Grain Bowls with Green Goddess Dressing
- 1 cup plain Greek yoghurt
- 1 cup packed fresh herbs
- (chives, coriander, parsley and dill work very well together)
- ¼ cup spring onions, chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 small clove garlic, roughly chopped
- Pinch sea salt flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper
Quick pickled cauliflower:
- 300g cauliflower florets
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1x cup water
- 1 Tbsp sea salt flakes
- 1x Tbsp sugar
- 4 cups mixed grains, cooked (farro, spelt, barley & wild rice work very well together)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 500g mixed mushrooms, white buttons, portabellinis & baby buttons
- 170g fresh asparagus spears, very lightly blanched
- 110g shelled edamame beans
- Zest & juice of 1 lemon
- ½ cup spring onions, thinly sliced
- Fennel fronds or fresh dill, to serve
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the dressing:
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender, food processor or nutribullet.
- Process until smooth, adding a splash of ice cold water to thin it out until desired consistency.
- Taste, to adjust salt and pepper.
- Scrape into a jar and keep in the fridge.
For the pickled cauliflower:
- Combine vinegar, water, salt and sugar in a small saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Slice off the pretty top bits of the cauliflower florets and discard the thick stems (Use stems in a soup or stir fry!)
- Add trimmed cauliflower to a heat-proof jar or bowl. Pour over the pickling liquid and allow to cool. Place in the fridge until ready to serve.
For the bowls:
- Heat oil and butter in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant. Add mushrooms and cook, tossing them often until just tender and golden brown. Season.
- In a large mixing bowl add the grains, mushrooms, asparagus spears, edamame beans, lemon zest, lemon juice and spring onions. Toss.
- Spoon into bowls. Scatter over some pickled cauliflower.
- Top with fennel fronds or dill and finally a generous drizzle of green goddess dressing.