06 Jul Moroccan Spiced Mushroom & Butternut Tartlets
Posted at 14:38h in Food
Makes 6 tartlets
- 15ml + 5ml oil
- 300g butternut, cubed
- salt and milled black pepper
- 1 red onion, diced
- 15ml fresh ginger, ground
- 250g button mushrooms, quartered
- 5ml ground cumin
- 5ml ground coriander
- 100g feta, crumbled
- 4 sheets phyllo pastry
- 30ml olive oil
- 60ml dukkah
- 30ml fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 90ml smooth cream cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Place the butternut on a baking sheet. Drizzle with 15ml oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast the butternut for 35-45 or until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the balance of the oil in a pan and gently fry the onion for 3-4 minutes. Add the ginger and mushrooms and fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the cumin and coriander and cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and stir in the feta cheese, coriander, and roasted butternut.
- Cut each sheet of phyllo pastry into 9 squares and brush both sides lightly with olive oil. Arrange 6 squares of pastry in a circular shape in a tartlet tin or 6-hole muffin pan. Bake the phyllo pastry cases in the oven for 10-12 minutes, or until golden.
- Spoon one tablespoon of cream cheese into the base of each tart and top with the mushroom mixture and a sprinkle of dukkah. Return the tarts to the oven and bake for 3-4 minutes and serve hot, warm, or at room temperature.
This recipe was supplied by the South African Mushroom Association