12 Apr Chorizo and mushroom tapas style skewers
- 500g baby button mushrooms
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into a small dice
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced into a small dice
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 thyme sprigs, leaves picked off
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chipotle flakes
- Handful fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil for frying
- Crusty bread or toasted sourdough for serving
- To a large sauté pan add a drizzle of olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the mushrooms, shallots and peppers. Cook, stirring often until the shallots soften and the mushrooms get some colour and release their water.
- Add the garlic, thyme, bay leaves and paprika. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and season.
- Stir to mix well and simmer to bring the flavors together. Remove from the heat and stir in the chopped parsley.
- Transfer to a large bowl and serve with toasted sourdough.
This recipe was sponsored by SAMFA