05 Apr Chorizo & Mushroom Bite Size Skewers
Makes 10 mini skewers
- 125g chorizo
- 30 baby button mushrooms
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 large yellow bell pepper
- 1 tsp chipotle flakes
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Olive oil
- Slice the bell peppers into small bite-size squares.
- Slice chorizo into rounds. In a large non-stick frying pan fry the rounds until crispy. Remove them and set them aside on a paper towel but reserve the chorizo oil.
- Fry the baby buttons and the bell peppers in the chorizo oil until just done. Season with salt and chipotle flakes. Turn the heat off and add the lemon juice.
- Assemble the skewers with 3 mushrooms per skewer and a few pieces of chorizo and peppers. Serve while still warm.
This recipe was sponsored by SAMFA