- 1 x 400g tin cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 bulb fennel, sliced very thinly
- 1 large stalk celery, sliced
- 400g medium portabello mushrooms, quartered
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 150g mixed baby lettuce leaves
- 2 green apples, sliced thinly
- 50g walnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- Fennel fronds, for serving
- Olive oil, for dressing
- Sherry vinegar, for dressing
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place the cannellini beans, fennel and celery in a small bowl.
- Drizzle with a little olive oil and sherry vinegar.
- Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 200˚C, fan on.
- Place mushrooms on a baking tray.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Roast for ± 7 minutes until tender and juicy, but retain some bite.
- Allow the mushrooms to rest.
- Once the mushrooms have rested, assemble the salad.
- Layer the baby leaves and apples on a serving platter.
- Spoon over the marinated bean mixture.
- Top with the roasted mushrooms.
- Sprinkle with walnuts and fennel fronds. Season lightly.
- Drizzle everything with a little extra sherry vinegar and olive oil and serve!