- 15ml oil
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 300g beef mince
- 250g Button Mushrooms, quartered
- 15-20ml curry paste (according to taste)
- 45ml fruit chutney
- 125ml beef stock
- 5ml corn flour, stirred into 30ml cold water
- 250g mixed frozen vegetables
- 1 packet readymade puff pastry, defrosted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onion over a low heat, for 4-5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Next up is to add the mince and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and fry for a further 3-4 minutes or until the meat and mushrooms brown.
- Stir in the curry paste and mix well. Add the chutney, beef stock, corn flour mixture and frozen vegetables and bring to a simmer.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes. Transfer the mixture to an ovenproof casserole dish and allow to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C.
- Roll out the pastry onto a lightly floured surface. Brush some of the egg wash onto the rim of the casserole dish.
- Top with a layer of the pastry and push down the edges to secure.
- Trim any excess pastry.
- Cut a hole into the center, to allow the steam to escape.
- Brush the top of the pie with the remaining egg wash and bake in a hot oven, for 20 – 25 minutes, or until the pastry is golden and puffed up.
This recipe was sponsored by SAMFA