- 2 Tbsp butter, plus extra for greasing
- 400g mixed cultivated mushrooms, sliced (button, portabellini or portabello)
- 50g asparagus, sliced
- 50g tenderstem broccoli, sliced
- 12 XL free-range eggs
- 1 cup Greek style plain yoghurt
- 1 ½ cups grated hard cheese (mature cheddar, havarti & boerenkaas work well)
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 1 tsp mixed dried herbs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 165˚C.
- Butter and line a 22cm springform pan or tart tin.
- Heat the butter in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- When melted and foamy, add the mushrooms and cook until golden brown. Season.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk the eggs and yoghurt together.
- Add in the cheese, spring onions, herbs and season well.
- Place cooked mushrooms, asparagus and broccoli into your prepared tin.
- Pour over the egg mixture and make sure everything is evenly distributed.
- Bake in the oven for about 1 hour until the egg is set.
- Allow to cool slightly before removing from the spring form tin or slicing straight out of the baking dish. Serve with a crisp green salad on the side.