This recipe was sponsored by SAMFA
This silky soup is super easy to make (a simple blender does the trick). The bulk of the soup is creamy cauliflower, so it is virtually gluten free and so hearty. A stunning lighter meal for cooler evenings.
- 30 ml butter
- 250 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small garlic clove, finely grated (optional)
- 300 g cauliflower, sliced
- 250 ml cream
- 1 cup grated mature cheddar cheese, plus more for serving
- salt & pepper, to taste
- a handful of chives, finely chopped
- Heat the butter in a medium size pot over high heat. Add the mushrooms and fry until they start to soften (don’t let them get too dark, and set a few aside at this point for garnish at the end). Add the garlic and stir for a minute, then add the cauliflower and cream. Cover and bring to a simmer, taking care not to let it boil over.
- Let it cook for about 5-7 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender. Transfer to a blender, then blend until very smooth. Add the cheddar and season to taste. Serve hot, topped with more cheese, a few of the saved mushrooms, and scattered chives.