As people are spending more and more time at home, the Google search for home renovations in South Africa increased 70% year on year. Builders is taking consumers on a trends and DIY educational journey on how to improve your home and living space with just a few easy steps. The brand is tapping into the trend of feature walls by inspiring their consumers to create their own using floating shelves.
This trend has been one that we have seen in many celeb homes and can take your space from drab to fab in a few easy steps. For those who need to create storage space, the floating shelf trend is perfect. Providing a chic way to revamp your home without breaking the budget. Its artsy and sophisticated and perfect for people looking for an understated wow-factor.
Here are the materials that you will need:
- 2x Floating shelves (600mm x 235mm x 38mm)
- Cordless drill
- Concrete drill bit
- Star Drill Bit
- Spirit Level
- Tape Measure
- Decide where you want to place the shelves. Use measuring tape to measure the distance from the ground up
- The spirit level can be used to ensure there’s a straight line. Inside the package there is a bracket which can be used to hold the shelf in place
- Use the bracket and mark off the pilot holes with a pencil (don’t forget to put on your mask)
- The concrete drill bit can be used to drill the holes, once you have complete this, insert the plugs and fix the bracket to the wall
- Once the bracket is up, all that will remain is to install the shelf, slide the shelf onto the bracket and use the spirit level to ensure the shelf is level
- Place the safety screws at the bottom of the shelf to ensure that the shelves stay in place at all times
Do you enjoy tips like this?