Served with Oude Molen VSOP Cape Brandy
- 8 slices baguette
- olive oil, for brushing
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 clove garlic, peeled but kept whole
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 400g portabellini or button mushrooms, halved
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Bunch of fresh sage leaves
- 300g buffalo mozzarella, drained and torn into pieces
- Preheat oven on grill.
- Brush slices of baguette with a little olive oil and sprinkle them with salt.
- Grill until golden and crisp. Remove from the oven and rub with the garlic clove while still warm. Set aside.
- Heat a medium sized oven proof frying pan over high heat.
- Melt the butter and add the mushrooms, rosemary and sage.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 5 minutes until golden brown.
- Deglaze with a splash of brandy and flambé.
- Scatter with the mozzarella and place under the grill for 3-5 minutes or until melted and bubbling and beginning to brown. Serve immediately with the garlic toasts.
This recipe was sponsored by SAMFA