A scrumptious, crowd-pleasing side dish for your next braai.
Ingredients: (serves 6)
- 700g-1kg baby potatoes
- 125 g butter, melted
- 30 ml olive oil
- 1-2 cloves garlic, finely chopped/grated
- rind of a small lemon, finely grated
- a generous handful fresh parsley, finely chopped (save half for garnish)
- salt & pepper
- at least 250 g portabellini mushrooms
- 200-300 g broccolini spears
- olive oil, for drizzling
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover them with salted water. Bring to a boil and cook until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Make the garlic butter drizzle: mix the butter, oil, garlic, lemon rind, parsley in a medium jug/bowl, and season with salt & pepper. Set aside.
- Arrange the potatoes in a large oven tray, then use the back of a spoon to gently crack them. Add the mushrooms & broccolini, then drizzle with the butter mixture and season with salt & pepper. Bake in a preheated oven at 220 C for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are golden brown. Scatter with parsley and serve at once.
This recipe was sponsored by SAMFA