Makes 2 medium sized jars
- 500g mixed mushrooms (half portabellini, half white button)
- 4 garlic cloves, finely diced
- Olive oil for frying
- 2 Tbsp capers, drained
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 100g kalamata olives, pitted
- 50g walnuts or pecans
- 3 anchovy fillets
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 handful italian parsley, stalks removed
- Toasted sourdough for serving
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large pan and fry the mushrooms until they have released all of their water and begin to brown. Add the garlic and cook until golden.
- Into the bowl of a food processor add the cook mushrooms along with the rest of the ingredients.
- Process and pulse until you get a fine mix but do not over-mix into a paste.
- Serve the tapenade with slices of hot sourdough toast and an extra sprinkle of chili flakes.