Makes 2 sandwiches
- 2 large portabello mushrooms (or 4 smaller ones)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp miso paste
- 4 slices of your favourite sandwich bread
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 large ripe tomato, sliced
- 4 large leaves crunchy green lettuce
- 1 small avocado
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Slice portabellos into chunky strips.
- Heat oil and butter in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add portabellos and cook, tossing them often until just tender and golden brown.
- Add the miso paste and toss to coat them well. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise onto two slices of bread.
- Top with lettuce and sliced tomato.
- Season the tomato.
- Top the tomato with miso basted portabello slices.
- In a small bowl roughly mash the avocado with a fork. Season with salt and lemon juice.
- Spread onto the other two slices of bread and top the sandwiches. Serve.
Wrap sarmies tightly in baking or wax paper. Tie with a string.
Slice in half and then eat easily without losing any goodness!
This recipe was sponsored by SAMFA