- 10 portabello mushrooms
- 250g streaky bacon
- 300g baby spinach
- 2 tsp butter
- 200g feta cheese
- 40g rocket
- 1 Tbsp oregano, finely chopped
- Olive oil
- Sea salt flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Steam the mushrooms on a wire rack fitted into a large pot, for about 5 minutes. Remove and place on a cooling rack and allow excess liquid to drain.
- Cut bacon into a chunky dice and fry until crispy. Add the butter and allow to caramelise and get a deep golden colour. Season well with pepper.
- Remove the bacon from the pan and cook the spinach in the bacon fat for a few minutes. Season with salt and pepper and allow to cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl add the crispy bacon bits, the cooked spinach, the fresh rocket torn into smaller pieces, the oregano and mix well. Crumble in the feta and give it a final toss.
- Generously spoon the mixture onto the portabellos and serve straight away.
- 50ml Mirari Amber Gin
- Dehydrated orange slices
- 150ml tonic water
- A few dashes of bitters
Fill the desired glass with ice and add the dehydrated orange slices. Pour in the Mirari Amber Gin and top with tonic water. Finish with a few dashes of bitters.
Gin Pairing Note:
A classic combination, the creamy and smoky flavors from the stuffed portobellos is well complemented by the sweet honey and orange notes of the Mirari Amber. The richness and deep flavors of this dish are cut by the refreshing and complex notes of citrus and rose.