Just a friendly reminder that your generous purchase of 250g pink punnets of whole or sliced white button mushrooms at Pick n Pay during October, is the power behind the annual Power of Pink campaign. The funds raised give financial power to Reach for Recovery’s Ditto Prostheses Project to purchase silicone breast prostheses for women who can’t afford reconstructive surgery after the trauma of breast cancer.
- 500g baby button mushrooms, sliced in half
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 1-2 fresh chilies, sliced
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 1 cup fresh or frozen edamame beans, shelled
- 1 large yellow pepper, diced
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
To serve: freshly torn basil leaves, toasted peanuts & lime wedges
- Cut out the cauliflower core and discard it. Cut the rest into florets.
- Pulse florets in a food processor until small rice-like ‘grains’.
- (If you do not have a food processor you can finely dice the cauliflower or grate it)
- Heat sesame oil in a large wok or deep-sided frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until lightly golden brown. Season.
- Add the garlic, ginger, chili, and stir fry until fragrant.
- Add the cauliflower, edamame, and bell pepper.
- Stir fry quickly to cook the veg until just tender.
- Season with soy sauce and black pepper. Scatter with sliced spring onions.
- Dish cauli rice into bowls and squeeze over some fresh lime juice.
- Scatter with toasted peanuts and torn basil leaves.