Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 1hr 10 min
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 3 large potatoes
- 225g white button mushrooms & 225g portabellini, chopped
- 1 tsp dried herbs
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 250 ml (1 cup) low-fat cream
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) cornflour or cake flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180 ºC, coat an ovenproof dish well with butter or spray & cook spray.
- Peel the potatoes and cook for 20 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool down.
Thinly slice the potatoes and layer a quarter of the slices in the base of the baking dish. Season with salt and pepper and dot with bits of butter.
- Arrange a quarter of the sliced mushrooms on top of the potatoes. Sprinkle with some of the herbs, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- Repeat the layering in the same order, finishing with a layer of potatoes.
- Stir the cornflour into the cream until smooth. Season the cream lightly with salt and pepper and pour over the potatoes.
- Bake in the oven for 50 minutes until the top is golden brown. Allow to stand for 10 minutes before serving. Best served with a crispy salad
This recipe was generously supplied by the South African Mushroom Association