As we celebrate National Baked Potato Day on August 19, we’d like to remind you that there’s nothing that makes a potato taste better than umami-rich mushrooms!
Preparation time: 40 minutes
- 4 large potatoes, steamed until tender
- 50ml olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 250g lean lamb mince
- 250g button mushrooms, chopped and pan-fried
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 tomato, cubed
- 10ml tomato paste
- Hollow out the potatoes and set the filling aside.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the onion and fry until glossy. Add the mince and allow it to brown.
- Add the mushrooms, carrots, tomato, and tomato paste. Season to taste with salt and black pepper
- Fill the potatoes with the filling and place onto a baking sheet and place into a preheated oven for 10 minutes at 180 degrees
- Serve while still hot.
Cooks tip: Use the filling to make croquets, Mush the potato, add 100ml grated cheese, 20ml grated parmesan cheese, 1 egg yolk and season with salt and black pepper. Form into small cylinders. Dip in egg then bread crumbs then shallow fry.