- 15ml red wine vinegar
- 5ml sugar
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 readymade naan breads
- 10ml olive oil
- Salt & milled black pepper
- 15ml oil
- 10ml ginger, finely grated
- 5ml garlic, crushed
- 250g button mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 30ml tandoori curry paste
- 100ml smooth cream cheese
- 15ml white and/or black toasted sesame seeds
- a few fresh coriander leaves
- some lime wedges
- Place the vinegar, sugar, and onion slices in a non-metallic bowl. Stir to combine and set aside for 20 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Place the naan bread on a baking sheet, brush with oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 5-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the balance of the oil in a pan and gently fry the ginger and garlic for 1-2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the tandoori curry paste and cook for 1 minute.
- To assemble, spread the cream cheese over the warm naan bases. Drain the onions and scatter over the naans. Top with the mushrooms, sesame seeds, and fresh coriander.
- Serve with fresh lime wedges.
This recipe was sponsored by the South African Mushroom Association