Use my code Tam10 to get 10% off your next lash appointment at Lashes at h-art.
Lashes at h-art is located inside Glow Couture, inside the Mugg & Bean in Broadacres Shopping Center. This studio sees one client at the time and only the strictest hygiene standards are adhered too. When you enter the salon your hands and shoes are sprayed with a medical-grade sanitizer, your pillow and blankets are sanitized too and only one client is seen at a time.
Ash is the owner of Lashes at h-art as well as the senior lash artist, she studied fine art at university and this is her way of expressing herself. When Ash isn’t making our eyes pop with the most magnificent lashes she’s being a mommy to her two tiny tots, she also owns a gorgeous furniture business that you can visit over here
What kind of lash extensions are out there?
- Classic lashes: This is a very natural-looking lash technique. This look will add length and some fullness to your natural lash line and will give the appearance of you wearing mascara when you aren’t.
- Hybrid lashes: This is a slightly more dramatic lash technique. This look will add length and volume to your natural lashes but look slightly more dramatic than just wearing mascara. Hybrids are a combination of classic and volume lashes and these are one of my favourite looks
- Volume lashes: This is a dramatic look, for attention-grabbing eyes. This look showcases full, fluffy lashes, up to 8 ultra-fine lash fans are applied to a single natural lash.
- Mega volume lashes: For that Bonang look – for that ‘I woke up looking like I got a full face beat look.’ This is for that girl who wants to be seen, she doesn’t want to fit in, her lashes are as bold and dramatic as her personality. These lashes are extra-long, extra full and fluffy and do not look natural, this look will look like you’re wearing false lashes. Personally I love this look
Three things to do ahead of your lash-extension appointment (that I did not do before taking these pics):
- Eyebrows: Tint and groom your eyebrows. ahead of your lash appointment Trust me, don’t get your lashes done, and then try to get your brows done, it’s not as easy and your pics never come out looking as good.
- Eyelashes: If you have blonde eyelashes as I do, get your eyelashes tinted a few days ahead of your appointment. This will make your bottom lashes look black, for a more natural look.
- Make-up free zone: Ensure you arrive at your appointment makeup-free. Your lashes may not last as long if you have to remove your mascara and other oils ahead of applying your lashes.
These are my top 5 reasons for getting lash extensions.
- The windows to the soul: We are all wearing masks at the moment, all you see are people’s eyes, which is why a well-groomed set of eyebrows and a set of gorgeous, long eyelashes are more important than ever
- Wake up with makeup: This one speaks for itself. I love that I can wake up in the morning and feel like I already have makeup on. I just need to wash my face, brush my teeth, and I’m ready for my zoom calls.
- Confidence is king: I don’t know how to explain it, but I feel more confident and more beautiful when I have lash extensions. I can wear less makeup and I feel like people are drawn to my eyes when I speak
- Ego: Whenever I have lash extensions people comment on how gorgeous my eyes are. I know this is ego, but I enjoy the compliments and people wondering if these are my natural lashes or not.
- Low maintenance: They’re pretty much low maintenance, us the right products, brush them daily and you’ll be good to go for the next 2-3 weeks until you need another fill.
Book your lash appointment and enjoy your snooze while you wait for them to be done – you’ll wake up feeling like a whole new woman – trust me. See the full price list below.
How to care for your new lashes:
- Don’t wash your eyes for 24h
- Don’t use oil-based products
- Brush your lashes daily
- Use lindt-free materials
- Use a lash-approved cleanser to clean your lashes every 3 days
- Get your refill every 2-3 weeks
Follow Ash here: