This delicious recipe was shared by the South African Mushroom Association.
Makes 8 kebabs
- 16 baby potatoes
- 500g Portabellini mushrooms
- 400g rump, rib eye or sirloin steak, sliced into 3 cm cubes
- 2 lemons
- ¼ cup parsley, finely chopped
- ¼ cup oregano, finely chopped
- ¼ cup basil, finely chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Prepare your braai and allow coals or wood to burn down, or preheat a gas braai on medium.
- In heavily salted water parboil the baby potatoes. Once tender, drain and set aside to steam dry.
- In a large bowl combine the mushrooms, steak cubes, juice of 1 lemon, parsley, oregano, basil, olive oil, garlic, red wine vinegar, salt, and pepper. Add in the cooked potatoes. Toss to fully cover the steak and mushrooms. Allow to marinate in the fridge for 1 hour.
- On a long kebab stick alternate the potatoes, mushrooms, and steak pieces. Braai the kebabs until the desired level of doneness of the meat. Braai the second lemon alongside them until charred. Serve kebabs with a squeeze of grilled lemon and a sprinkle of sea salt flakes.
Is this a recipe you’ll be trying this week?