Dubai’s cultural centers, fitness experts and top-tier chefs, amongst others, have made it easy for those with wanderlust (or anyone looking for fun and helpful content) to access and experience some of the best the city has to offer – and all from the comfort of their very own homes.
Experience regional art through virtual tours of some of Dubai’s best art showcases.
- The Third Line art gallery in Al Quoz, which represents and supports contemporary Middle Eastern art on a local, regional and global level, is giving art lovers their fix through online virtual tours of its gallery. Virtual visitors can sign up with Art Basel to view the online viewing rooms.
- International favourite Art Dubai is taking its content online. The festival will come alive in the digital space and will feature its annual Global Art Forum which gathers original and contemporary thinkers into an intimate open space. Visitors will also be treated to a series of themed and curated performance art programs and can enjoy over 500 artworks across in its online art catalog.
- Renowned cultural district Alserkal Avenue is banding together in the spirit of community. To give audiences access to all of its new art exhibitions, the chance to get to know some of the contributing creators or simply to browse, the district is launching its 360-degree digital platform.
ONLINE COOKING CLASSES AND DEMOS
Get a taste of world-class culinary creations by renowned Dubai chefs from the comfort of your couch.
- Dubai-based chef, and ex-head of Waka, Roberto Segura creates healthy dishes each week. Segura promotes clean eating through his easy-to-make, plant-based cuisine that can be prepared from supermarket-bought ingredients. Tune in to Segura’s YouTube channel Cooking With Roberto and his IGTV @chef_robertosegura
WITNESS THE FITNESS
Looking for ‘self-carentine’ health and wellness guides? Follow these Dubai-based fitness gurus for lounge-based workouts and tips on health and wellness.
- Bringing spirit to your yoga practice, Jivamukti with Dina brings you live, guided Jivamukti yoga classes on her Facebook platform. This array of classes challenges yoga practitioners ad incorporates meditation, asana, and chanting.
- If bodyweight and flexibility training is more your speed, training experts from Gravity DXB, Dubai’s first calisthenics, and parkour gym are also offering free training sessions through their Instagram portal.
- The ‘Find Your 30’ platform on the Dubai Fitness Challenge website features great practical tips for nutrition and wellness and even offers daily workouts.
- Active gyms and fitness centers like Barrys bootcamp, The Platform Dubai and Crank Dubai are all offering free workout and fitness schedules through their respective Instagram pages straight from their trained fitness experts.
- An additional assortment of yoga classes from well-known Dubai-based yoga studios and their instructors, including Dryp and Yoga La Vie, are encouraging yoga practitioners at all levels to light those candles, roll out their yoga mats and indulge in some guided yoga and meditation.
Learn more about Dubai’s magnificent landmarks.
- One of the world’s most notable landmarks, Dubai’s Burj Khalifa will be featured in the documentary series “BIG!” hosted by Richard Hammond. The series focuses on the most daring and the largest engineering feats. Viewers can tune in to Discovery Channel and Amazon Prime for the full episode dedicated to the miraculous structure.
- With Dubai 360, the world’s largest and highest quality virtual tour program, it has never been easier to experience some of the city’s history and heritage. The program gives visitors access to a number of Dubai’s landmarks from anywhere in the world, including cascading rooftop views over the entire expanse of the city.