A new haircare product has just arrived on my beauty desk and I am oh, so, excited to share this with you. This product is a great treat to keep for yourself, a great gift to give and receive, and a fab stocking filler! Why am I raving about this product? Here’s why…
Zero Bar is a zero waste shampoo bar for hair that is concentrated, water-free, plastic-free and cruelty-free.
This Proudly South African product is anything but average: It’s packed full of all the good stuff that nature intended for us to use on our bodies and is made using zero of the things that leave a mess behind. With sustainability top of mind, the Zero Bar is designed to last you between 55 and 70 hair washes, which means it will outlast most bottled shampoos. It’s also really small and compact which makes it the perfect travel companion.
Oil me up:
All four Zero Bar variants encompass a base Oil Complex which combines a selection of natural (and sustainably sourced oils) selected specifically with your hair’s needs in mind. Each bar contains:
- Argan oil (hydrates and softens hair)
- Macadamia nut oil (shines and strengthens hair)
- Avocado oil (a deep-penetrating moisturiser)
- Linseed oil (nutritious for hair follicles)
- Grapeseed oil (moisturises and conditions hair)
- Sunflower oil (nourishes and soothes the scalp)
- Coconut oil (stimulates hair growth)
- Protein (strengthens hair)
Vitamins & minerals:
The combination of oils found in Zero Bar is rich in fatty acids, vitamins (A, B1, B2, C, D, E and K), as well as being a source of minerals and omega 3, 6, 7, and 9.
Which Zero bar do you need?
- The blue bar: This Argan bar is the ‘Original’ in the range, it contains a higher concentration of Argan oil than the other bars. Nicknamed ‘liquid gold’, Argan oil is filled with nutrients to moisturize and nourish the hair, making it shinier. This hair hero also assists also assist with hair growth and reducing inflammation that can lead to dandruff and an itchy scalp. Added bonus: It smells amazing.
- The orange/red bar: This Jojoba bar has Jojoba oil in it, which moisturizes the hair and scalp. This oil is a real hair-health booster and is universally beneficial for hair. Jojoba oil is almost identical to human sebum and helps maintain the scalp’s natural balance, encouraging hair growth and assisting with the control of scalp concerns such as dandruff.
- The green bar: This is the Moringa bar and its featured ingredient is Moringa oil, which strengthens and rejuvenates the hair, by delivering important minerals and vitamins to the hair follicles, keeping hair healthier for longer. This fresh-smelling oil has been known as a natural hair cleanser for ages and also helps fight dandruff and split ends.
- The yellow bar: This is the Wild Desert Melon oil bar, with moisturizing and regenerating properties, A surprisingly light and easily absorbed oil, Desert Melon oil is packed full of antioxidants, and Vitamins A, C and E, Omega-6 and Omega-9 fatty acids to intensely condition the hair and scalp, without any greasy residue.
Why you need to use this bar:
- Essential fatty acids; Vitamins E, A and D
- Sterols create an emollient that is both moisturizing and wound healing
- Skin barrier repairing
- Stimulating collagen synthesis is effective as both anti-aging and re-epithelizing.
- Antioxidants – Vitamin E has both anti-aging and photoprotection properties.
- Hair conditioning – Essential fatty acids as well as Vitamins E, A and D are both hair conditioning and hair repairing
- Anti-hair loss – Essential fatty acids and Vitamin E aid in the prevention of hair loss
- Antimicrobial – Essential fatty acids and Oleuropein play a role in purifying as an antiseptic
P.S. this range was created, designed and is owned by a young, female entrepreneur, I know this because her sister lives in my complex. This is EVEN MORE reason to support this brand.
Where can you get yours from?
Zero Bar is currently available for purchase online only, exclusively at www.zerobar.co.za
These bars sell for R75.00 each, sold as a pack of 4 bars (either all the same or one of each) at R300.00
Which one are you most excited to try out? Let us know in the comments section.