Winter is slowly making its way out but we still have some cold nights to contend with, and what better way to satisfy your taste buds by cooking up a tasty winter dish and spending some quality time with close friends and family. I’d love to share Nestlé’s Lamb and Green Bean Bredie recipe with you below. This dish will leave you licking every bit of it off your fingers and running back to the kitchen for a healthy second helping…and possibly a third too!
Serves 6 – 8 Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 1h45 – 2 hours
Lamb & Green Bean Bredie
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1.5kg lamb knuckles or stew mix
- 1 (410g) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tsp (10ml) paprika
- ¼ cup (60ml) Lazenby Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) fruit chutney
- 500ml lamb or beef stock
- a few sprigs of thyme
- 2 potatoes, cubed
- 300g green beans, cooked and sliced
- ½ can Nestlé dessert & cooking cream
- salt and milled black pepper
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) fresh mint, chopped
- Heat the oil in a pot and brown the meat, in batches, for 2-3 minutes per side. Set aside and return the pot to the stove. Gently fry the onions and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, fruit chutney, stock, and thyme. Cover and simmer for 1 hour. Add the potatoes and cook for 30 – 45 minutes, or until the meat and potatoes are tender. Add the beans and cream and cook for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir in the mint.