It’s a Sher thing has teamed up with travelstart to share some Black Friday Shopping tips with us all. Black Friday is massive in the USA, and it’s starting to become bigger in South Africa. I know we are all eagerly awaiting the biggest shopping extravaganza of the year. It’s 2018, we don’t need to scramble through endless queues with sweaty people who have no understanding of personal space. Especially when we can simply shop online from our favourite spa, while getting an ombre pedi in our favourite colour, or from the comfort of your own home (if you want to start shopping as the clock strikes 12).
Here are a few useful tips:
1. Set a budget: Set yourself a limit and leave credit cards behindto reduce the risk of impulsive shopping.
2. Plan ahead: Create a list of what you need as not to be distracted by ‘great offers’ that you don’t actually need.
3. Compare prices: Compare prices beforehand to see if you’re getting a good deal and which store has the best offer.
4. Do your homework: Research your productso that you don’t end up buying something inferior just because it’s marked at a cheaper price. Have your documents on hand such as TV license, proof of residence etc if you’re making a bigger purchase. Also, check the stores T&C’s around black Friday sales as some do not allow you to return your purchase.
5. The early bird catches the worm: Set your clock for 11:30pm on Thursday 22nd so you can get all your shopping done while everyone else is still asleep.
Here are a few brands that I enjoy, who are having Black Friday Sales:
Below is a helpful infographic from travelstart