Nothing feels like summer to me more than citrus. What I love about this Nespresso Master Origin Ethiopia coffee is the subtle citrus notes that it carries and I wanted to make sure that the citrus taste is carried through in this recipe. Inspired by a coffee drink we used to have often as a family that used condensed milk, I wanted to expand on that taste and I believe I created a masterpiece. It’s a unique dual experience of an almost cold orange custard that floats on top of the cup, mixed with the beautiful espresso shot and a simple orange syrup. Out of all the recipes I created for the Nespresso Master Origin range, this has to be my favourite – J’Something.
What you Need:
- 1 capsule, Nespresso Master Origin Ethiopia brewed as a lungo
- 20ml freshly squeezed orange juice
- 50ml sugar
- 50ml water
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons condensed milk
What to Do:
1. Put sugar, water and orange juice into a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat and allow to simmer for 10 minutes until a syrup forms. Remove from heat.
3. Brew the coffee.
4. Put the egg yolk and 2 teaspoons of the condensed milk into a small deep bowl and whisk together until frothy.
5. Add a tablespoon of the brewed coffee and whisk it into the mixture.
6. Pour the remaining brewed coffee into a lungo coffee mug, add a teaspoon of orange syrup and stir.
7. Add the frothy egg mixture on top and serve.