September is Oral Health Month, I know Oral health care is a sensitive topic and most people do not enjoy going to the dentist, but it is a topic that needs to be discussed. A great oral hygiene routine is not only great for keeping bad breath at bay, but medical studies have shown that a range of medical diseases have been associated to plaque build-up. Including heart disease and stroke.
Sugar is not the only culprit when it comes to keeping that smile on point. Thank goodness! After all, we all like a little Lindt ball, or a whole slab of Cadbury bubbly, even those soft gums or a salty pretzel can hit the spot when that afternoon slump kicks in and you’re craving a little pick-me-up. Life is for living! Although we need to do everything in moderation.
Here are 5 simple tips to keep your smile happy, healthy and cavity free:
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet and keep your sugar intake to a minimum.
- Have a professional clean by an oral hygienist every 6 months and see your dentist for a check-up every year.
- Make sure to gently clean your tongue with a tongue brush when brushing your teeth. The tongue can host plaque as well as left-over food particles. Aint nobody got time for that!
- Brush twice a day for two minutes per session.
- Floss in between the teeth every day and swish with an alcohol-free mouth wash.
Imagine a toothbrush that was designed around you to ensure maximum use! I know I could use a toothbrush that was all about me, my smile and my personal oral hygiene. Well imagine no longer, the Sonicare FlexCare Platinum not only provides the deepest clean but is gentle enough to protect your teeth and gums. In fact, it alerts you if you are pressing too hard thanks to the AdaptiveClean brush head and intuitive pressure sensor. Now I don’t know about you, but that’s the type of support and supervision I need in my life. It’s difficult enough to adult, I am so happy that technology has caught up and in 2018 my toothbrush tells me when to stop brushing and when to stop brushing so hard.
I love that it has built in timers to encourage thorough 2 minutes of brushing and a long battery life, considering that my cellular device is basically a landline, I would prefer it if my power toothbrush could not be one too. It looks super sleek and modern and has a travel case for convenience and value for money. Us jetsetters live busy lives, so thank goodness brands are starting to think of accessories such as travel cases, so that we don’t need too.
Three things I enjoy about this new power-brush:
- It removes up to 10x more plaque – yes please
- Improves gum health in just 2 weeks’ – double win
- And with its 3 modes and 3 intensity settings, it is safe and gentle for the perfect experience – however you brush!
It’s a Sher thing cares about your oral health and wants you to have a healthy, happy smile. While we can’t make you floss your teeth or love your dentist, we can give away one Philips Sonicare FlexCare Platinum Sonic electric toothbrush to the value of R 2 100,00
You can enter in three different ways:
Facebook: Share a smile with us (selfie or a gif), tag @PhilipsSonicare and tag a friend
On the blog: Leave a comment on this post #PhilipsSonicare
Twitter & Instagram: Share a smile with us (selfie or a gif), tag @PhilipsSonicare and tag a friend
You can enter as many times as you want. The competition will run until 19 October and the competition closes at midnight. Please see the full terms and conditions here.