Sound, Sleep, Cocoon™.
I struggle to fall asleep from time to time. I toss and I turn and I keep counting down how many hours I have to sleep, if I go to bed RIGHT NOW. Sleep problems are a global epidemic that affect the health and quality of life for up to 45% of the world’s population.
When it comes to your skin care routine, sleep is a crucial component for the skin’s recovery from the assaults of the day. These assaults include pollution, stress and being dehydrated to name a few. Just a few nights of missed sleep can lead to dull skin and fine lines, and chronic sleep deprivation leads to dark circles and early aging. Nobody has time for premature aging in 2018.
I’ve developed some bed time routines, for a better nights sleep;
- A hot bath, with detoxing epson salts.
- A hot mug of camomile tea.
- Comfy PJ’s
- Deep breathing, while using the Dermalogica sound, sleep, cocoon app
- A very dark room
Skin is able to absorb active ingredients at night, from 9pm onwards to be exact. Dermalogica has released their latest innovation Sound Sleep Cocoon™, which delivers active ingredients while you sleep to transform skin by morning. It also helps to infuse skin with essential hydration that’s lost throughout the day. Sound Sleep Cocoon™ is formulated with motion-activated essential oils to soothe senses with aromatherapy and promote deep, restful sleep for healthier-looking skin. The lavender oil infused in this range is motion activated, so the more you roll around, the more the lavender oil is released for a restful nights sleep. Sound Sleep Cocoon™ is a revitalizing treatment gel-cream that works with the skin’s natural overnight repair and recovery process to optimize the skin benefits of the sleep we do get, delivering glowing skin by morning.
Sound Sleep Cocoon™ brightens tired skin, transforms radiance by morning and promotes restful sleep.
Below are some further tips for a restful nights sleep;
- Turn off all electronics and dim the lights 30 mins before bedtime.
- Make your room as dark as possible and slightly cool.
- Avoid alcohol, sugar and caffeine before bed.
- breathe deeply, it helps to calm and relax your body.
- Go to sleep and wake up at the same time each day.
- In the morning, seek out bright light to help regulate your biological clock.
Ingredient features and benefits:
Sound Sleep Cocoon delivers advanced ingredients that work with and optimise the skin’s natural active overnight repair & recovery process.
- Albizia Julibrissin Bark Extract (Persian Silk Tree) reduces signs of skin fatigue and restores vitality.
- Evodia Rutaecarpa Fruit Extract (Fruits of Wu-Zhu in traditional Chinese medicine) provides visibly radiant skin by morning and promotes a more refined skin texture.
- Kakadu Plum Extract, rich in antioxidant Vitamin C, is clinically shown to improve and brighten skin tone.
- Tamarindus Indicia (Tamarind Seed Extract) is a polysaccharide that cushions skin, creating a nourishing cocoon of comfort for softer, more hydrated skin.
- Encapsulated essential oil with motion-activated technology encapsulated, motion-activated French Lavender oil, along with calming Sandalwood and Patchouli, soothe the senses with aromatherapy to help promote deep, restful sleep for healthier-looking skin
How to Use:
Smooth over face and neck as the last step in your nighttime regimen. Allow gel-cream to melt into skin overnight.
Sound Sleep Cocoon comes in a 50 mL bottle, find it at authorised Dermalogica® spa, salons and skin centers, and at dermalogica.com Available on counter: May 25, 2018.
Retail price of the sound sleep cocoon is R1 295 inc VAT which is enough for 95 uses (3 month supply)