It’s that time of year again where I’m feeling ready for a December holiday. I was feeling supper sluggish and run down, it’s the end of the year, its been a busy year, I really felt like I needed a little pick me up and, so I decided to go on a three-day juice cleanse. What that means is that for three days I only consumed the seven juices I purchased from Juice 4 Joy, plus water and herbal teas. These juices consist 80% of vegetables and 20% of tea and spices. There are no artificial colourants or preservatives added to these juices. It is so important to be mindful of what we are putting into our bodies and how our bodies use it to perform. This cleanse is designed to cleanse your liver and kidneys of toxins and flush them out of your system.
The 7 juices I consumed were:
- Immune Booster: Grapefruit (when in season), Lemons, Green apple, LOADS of Ginger, Berry Brew (blueberry, Blackberry, cranberry, raspberry) brewed gently at low heat with cinnamon, nutmeg, cayenne pepper, cumin, black pepper, turmeric, and Aloe Vera.
- Benefits: Soothe stomach and aids digestive system, builds, and sustains a stronger immune system and lifts energy quickly
- Morning Metaboliser: Pineapple, Celery, Fennel, Cucumber, Cabbage, Cos Lettuce, Lemon, Ginger, Cinnamon, Cayenne Pepper, Turmeric, Black Pepper, Apple Cider Vinegar, Green Tea.
- Benefits: Activates organs, supports PH levels, cleans the digestive system, supports regular elimination, and contains anti-inflammatory properties
- Gorgeous Greens: Kale, Spinach, Cabbage, Broccoli, Zucchini, Green Beans, Fennel, Cos Lettuce, Mint, Cucumber, Celery, Green Apple, Lemon, Ginger, Moringa Tea & Powder, Cinnamon, Cayenne Pepper, and Himalayan Salt.
- Benefits: A great nutritious lifestyle supplement, brain Food, helps to maintain PH levels, healthy gut, regulates the digestive system and supports the immune system
- Crazy Carrot: Carrot (high Frequency Beta-carotene), Celery, Cucumber, Fennel, Cos Lettuce, Lemon, Ginger, Desiccated Coconut, Cinnamon, Cayenne Pepper, Buchu Tea.
- Benefits: Bright and energetic lunchtime treat, brain food and supports stable sugar levels
- Gorgeous Greens (again): Kale, Spinach, Cabbage, Broccoli, Zucchini, Green Beans, Fennel, Cos Lettuce, Mint, Cucumber, Celery, Green Apple, Lemon, Ginger, Moringa Tea & Powder, Cinnamon, Cayenne Pepper, Himalayan Salt.
- Benefits of Gorgeous Green Juice: A great nutritious lifestyle supplement, brain Food, helps keep PH levels healthy, healthy gut, regulates the digestive system, and supports immune system
- Beetroot Bomber: Beetroot, Carrot, Kale, Spinach, Cabbage, Broccoli, Zucchini, Green Beans, Fennel, Cos Lettuce, Mint, Cucumber, Celery, Lemon, Ginger, Moringa Tea, Cinnamon, Cayenne Pepper, Himalayan Salt.
- Benefits: ENERGY BOOM, high in nitrates, great recovery drink (post exercise), late afternoon energy lift, brain food and is good for your blood
Liver Lover: All the right Greens, plus Tomato, and spices, we encourage you to serve cold, with a dash of Tabasco and Worcester Sauce.
Firstly, I loved the convenience of these juices. I was so busy at work the week they arrived, and these juices meant that I didn’t need to meal prep, cook, or worry about what I was going to have at meal-times for those three days. I just packed my juices in a cooler bag, with an ice brick and off I went to the office.
Day 1: I felt great, wasn’t hungry, energy levels were up, I was sharp mentally, all was great.
Day 2: I started getting headaches and my skin started breaking out. It’s a good sign though, it means that the body is flushing out those toxins from your liver and kidneys so that you can function optimally. Those toxins must come out somewhere, for me they came out through my skin and headaches.
Day 3: I felt a bit uncomfortable, I wasn’t hungry, but I missed the sensation of eating. I wanted something to chew on. So, I had a small avocado at lunch time. This cleanse wasn’t easy peezy but it also wasn’t too difficult to stick to.
The great thing about this programme is that you’re doing it with a wellness mindset and it isn’t a diet and therefore isn’t restrictive. If you want to eat then you can but keep it raw and organic, listen to your body and give it what it needs to thrive.
What I also liked about this journey is that it isn’t just a once off Juice Cleanse, Juice 4 Joy is under the umbrella company ‘Evolved mind and body works’, so they have a holistic view to wellness and juicing is just one part of the puzzle. They also do life coaching, massage therapy and classes such as vision to action boards so that you can catapult yourself into 2018. Who doesn’t need more positivity and good vibes in their life? I always find that I feel super positive and recharged after a session with ‘Life coach Lynda’ but I guess that is for another blog post.